There is some story telling in the three blog sections, which may be a source of inspiration
– “..So how will you call your website..?” asked the leather trousered girl, whilst scratching fiercely her arm “..a nasty mojito has bitten me..” she added.
– “..”mosquito“, not “mojito“!” did I rectify. Pure reflex.
Actually, I don’t know much about mosquitoes, except for the viruses they carry, and nothing at all about mojitos, except it always reminds me of a particular girl-friend in a particular evening somewhere in a bar in Vera Cruz, Yucatan. I almost got smashed and squashed because of that girl, but the macho boys were too drunk and I managed to divest their attention, get the girl discretely out, and escape. Still, it was a close call.
– “..Well, my idea is to call it: “Berries & Shells“.. It would be designed as a combination of “chasse au tresor”, natural sciences and modern economics.. Great stuff..!“
– “..chat or tracer..?” she asked, “..what does this mean..?” She really has funky shades.
– “..in French, this means literally “Treasure’s hunt”.. Quite easy.. You sneak around, look at hints and signs, get surprised, encounter some disappointments.. At the end, if you’re successful, you find something.. Imagine some plum colourful berries, a handful of glittering shells.. This makes a fleeting lovely moment..“
– “..I prefer berries because I can eat them..!” she said, pouting a bit, “..they’re good! Especially the burberries..!” She paused for a few seconds and continued: “..but shells are quite nice to make a necklace..”
I wasn’t really attentive, otherwise I would have detected the “burberries” thing (I dig blueberries). But there were several ideas competing in my mind.
Not that I have lazy neurones or can’t do multitasking. But I wanted to explain to her some profound thoughts, that berries are organic, shells mineral, and that these are two fundamental sides of the world we live in.
I also wanted to evoke their delicate design, the fact that Mother Nature was making them available for free, which is great from an economic point of view.. But who wants to bore to death an authentic teenager?
She was kind of smiling and everybody likes Kasia when she smiles. Her real name is Maria-Acacia, a brilliant invention of her mother who was a botanist.
It soon became “Kasia”, which is not bad, but personally I was more in favour of “Lolita”. However, as I did not see myself ending my life in jail, I gave up quickly.
She was looking vaguely at my list of pages.
-“..and “Les Voiles (Regattas)“..? French words again..?“
-“Nope! “Regatta” is Italian.. a very elegant word to describe sailboat races.. The ones shown in the portfolio are taking place each year in St Barths in the Caribbean and in Saint-Tropez, Côte d’Azur.. I almost got seasick when taking the bloody pictures..” I really love these regattas. Kasia nodded. “..Will you bring me along to one of these tagadas one day..?“
That was my turn to smile. I don’t know why but smiling always makes me happy for a while. Self-induced joy. “..and wait: there is another rubric you should really like: my “Fashion & Portrait” portfolio.. That’s something you should try one day, to become a model wearing swag clothes.. I would take the pictures, I’ll sell them to the magazines, you’ll get famous and I’ll get rich..!“
-“..May be you’re tomorrow’s future star, may be you’ll end up having your mark on Hollywood Boulevard..!“
I was getting a bit carried away by my narrative. Kasia did not seem entirely convinced. “..Why would people be interested to look at me..?“
This was a good question in a way. She nodded again.
-“.. and the “Travel & Places” and “Mojo” pages, it’s also to teach me something..?“
-“..No.. These are just places where I’ve been, moments I’ve enjoyed, and where parts of my soul lie.. It’s like the little white stones of the story: I take a picture to remember where I was, for when I will need them to find my way back..” But I never come back of course.
-“..So you have a soul..?” she asked. She had taken off her shades and was looking at me right into the eyes; hers are slightly green, or pale blue, the color does not matter, really. I noted the catchlight. And then I knew this was actually the real and only story.
-“..Very funny..But it’s good you make me think about this.. You know what? I will entitle this website: “The Story in Your Eyes..!”
Nearby, some crows were stupidly chattering and I was so happy.